Business Lawyers Helping Companies of All Types and Sizes in Traverse City, Michigan
Meyer Law is excited to open its fourth office in Traverse City, Michigan! With a growing business community and business incubators like 20Fathoms, it’s the perfect place to start and grow a business! And, let’s face it – Northern Michigan is a little slice of paradise!
Our lawyers have years of experience helping thousands of companies across the United States, from smaller emerging growth companies to fast-growing, mid-sized businesses to long-standing Fortune 500s. We are passionate about helping businesses and have mentored thousands of companies at incubators and accelerators across the United States. If you’re looking for a business lawyer in Traverse City, the team at Meyer Law has decades of experience helping businesses, are incredibly responsive and promote fee transparency.
The lawyers at Meyer Law are trusted legal advisors for businesses and technology companies in Michigan, Illinois, Colorado, California and beyond.
Legal Services for Startups in Traverse City
From deciding which entity to choose to drafting a customer contract or hiring a developer to create your website, there are a lot of things to do when starting and launching a business. Making sure you’re protected from a legal standpoint to avoid unnecessary mistakes is absolutely critical to your success. Here are some of the services and fixed fee packages we offer for startups and entrepreneurs in Traverse City:
- Contracts: Whether you need a beta agreement to have users test your new app or need a customer agreement for your SaaS product, we can counsel you on the best structure and tailor a contract specific to your situation and provide counsel on best practices.
- Intellectual Property: Prepare and file trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, copyrights, assignment agreements, royalty agreements, cease and desist letters, and more.
- Entity Structure: We’ll explain entity options, such as corporations and LLCs, pros and cons, and related requirements, and we can provide guidance around equity and stock grants and best practices.
- Fundraising: If you’re thinking about raising money for your startup, we can provide guidance on investment structures, perform due diligence, and provide best practices when looking for investment.
- Data Security and Privacy: Our team can provide guidance on the ever-changing privacy laws with respect to privacy and data protection compliance with various privacy laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act. We can recommend contract amendments, best practices and procedures, and more.
- Employment: We can draft offer letters, non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements, employee handbooks, policies, procedures, and more.
- General Counsel Packages: For startups that need support more often, we offer general counsel packages tailored specifically to your needs to assist with day-to-day legal matters, strategy, and more for a specific number of hours each month.
Legal Services for Emerging Growth Businesses in Traverse City
As your business grows, it’s important to avoid making unnecessary mistakes and have legal counsel that you can rely on. Take a look at some of the services and fixed-fee packages we offer for emerging growth companies and small businesses in Traverse City:
- Corporate Risk Assessment: We provide legal audits of corporate documents to help you determine what might be missing and strategize for future growth.
- Hiring Contract Audit: We review existing employment-related agreements such as offer letters, employment agreements, and non-disclosure agreements and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contract Audit: We review customer, supplier, referral, and reseller templates and make recommendations to improve wording, structure, and efficiencies.
- Intellectual property: We assess the intellectual property protections you have in place and recommend improvements that could help protect your company.
- Fundraising: We can help you get the legal side of your business in order before you start looking for investors by reviewing your corporate records and contracts, assessing your intellectual property protection, and more.
- Privacy: We can help you determine what your company needs to do to comply with various data security and privacy laws.
- Emerging Growth Packages: We offer various fixed-fee packages for emerging growth companies, such as the Contract Risk Assessment Package to review your contracts for efficiencies, protections, inconsistencies, recommendations, and more, or the Fundraising Assessment Package so that you can make sure your business is in order before you get investments.
- General Counsel Packages: For scaling companies that need day-to-day support, we offer general counsel packages tailored to your needs for a specific number of hours each month to assist with negotiations, operations, strategy, and more.
Legal Services for Mid-Sized Businesses in Traverse City
Your legal needs may change as your company grows. Here are some of the services and fixed-fee packages we offer to mid-sized businesses in Traverse City:
- Business Audit: Find out where your business stands with a legal review of your contracts, policies, and processes. We’ll review and make recommendations.
- Outsourced General Counsel: Whether you need help at busy times of the year like quarter-end or need support creating templates to streamline operations, Meyer Law can help as much or as little as you need as your outsourced legal counsel on-demand.
- Playbooks: Make sure the business and legal are aligned with playbooks and establish a standard response and language to regularly negotiated provisions.
Legal Services for Large Corporations in Traverse City
Our years of experience working with large corporations make us the ideal partner for in-house legal teams at large corporations in Chicago. We’ll help move your business forward with these services:
- Contracts: We negotiate commercial contracts, vendor agreements, customer agreements, service contracts, and much more. We have negotiated contracts on behalf of and against some of the largest companies in the world, such as IBM, Google, Reliance Globalcom, Pivotal, HP, Comcast, and many others.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Due Diligence: We can help perform due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, advise on risks, and draft related transaction documents.
- Playbooks: We can develop a playbook to ensure the business and legal are aligned and draft standard responses and language to provisions that are regularly negotiated.
- Strategy Services: We can audit your existing processes to ensure your legal department is as efficient as possible.
The experienced, responsive and tech-savvy lawyers at Meyer Law can help support in-house legal teams at Fortune 500s and large corporations. Schedule a consultation to see how we can help your team today!
Schedule a consultation with your legal dream team today!
We have helped thousands of companies across the United States, with corporate, contract, employment, intellectual property, fundraising, investment, privacy and data protection matters.
We would love to learn more about your business and see how we can help! We can discuss your specific needs, answer any questions that you have, and provide a tailored roadmap so that you can plan and budget accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Schedule a consultation with the legal dream team at Meyer Law today! We look forward to hearing from you!