Business Lawyers Helping Clients in Chicago, IL | Denver, CO | Los Angeles, CA & Beyond
Whether you’re the founder of an early stage startup making your first hire or the COO of a scaling technology company bringing on multiple people for various roles it’s important that your hiring documents, policies, and procedures are in order. You’ll need to not only protect the confidential information of the business, but also to ensure that the company owns any intellectual property created during the employment relationship. Employment policies and procedures are essential to set expectations and ensure consistent communication across the company as you scale and grow. It’s also critical to establish company protections from exiting team members soliciting existing employees and partners or establishing a competing business.
Our employment law services include s guidance on non-competes, non-solicitation, hiring best practices, terminations, and hiring documents drafting for offer letters, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, bonus plans, sales commission plans, severance agreements, employee handbooks, HR policies, and more.
Contact Meyer Law today to request a complimentary consultation with our employment law lawyers. We help technology companies in Denver, Chicago, Los Angeles, and across the U.S.
Employment Law Services from Meyer Law
Our employment lawyers help startups, emerging growth companies, and mid-size businesses with employment law matters and issues that arise as you build your team. We have offices in Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles and help businesses across the United States.
Our employment law services largely consist of providing day-to-day guidance and drafting relevant documents, including:
- Employment agreements
- Confidentiality agreements or non-disclosure and inventions agreements (NDAs)
- Independent contractor agreements
- Intern agreements
- Offer letters
- Employee handbooks
- Equity and phantom equity plans
- Stock and phantom stock plans
- Award agreements
- Equity incentive agreements
- Employee incentive plans
- Sales commission plans
- Bonus plans
- Employee severance agreements
- Employee-related policies
- Practices and procedures documents
Our experienced employment lawyers can provide you with guidance as you start and scale your company, from helping you determine how to classify your new hires to explaining best practices in the industry to drafting hiring documents, policies, and procedures that are tailored to your company.
Need help drafting an employee handbook or building contracts? Contact us today!
Benefits of Working with Employment Law Lawyers
The employment law legal services that Meyer Law offers will benefit your fast-growing business. Here are the many ways we can help you:
- Discuss and determine the classification of new hires: To avoid having to pay back taxes, penalties, and fines, you’ll want to make sure that you’re classifying your new hires accurately. Additionally, the contract terms for an employee are different than that of an independent contractor or intern, so properly classifying your new team is important.
- Get your HR documents in order: From offer letters to employment agreements to independent contractor agreements and employee handbooks, it’s essential to ensure that your hiring documents are tailored to your business and include the necessary terms and conditions to protect your business.
- Protect your business assets: Businesses of all sizes must ensure that they are protecting one of the most valuable assets of a company: its proprietary and confidential information. NDAs or confidentiality agreements used with employees and independent contractors should be specific to your business and the relationship.
- Develop policies and procedures: Whether you’d like to provide parameters around use of social media, develop a BYOD policy, or implement a procedure for handling customer requests, it is important to ensure consistency across the company and get the policies in writing.
- Offer best practices training sessions: In order to lessen the company’s potential for exposure, it is important to train your team on best practices as it relates to the workplace, handling confidential information, and more.
Choose Meyer Law for Employment Law Counseling
Whether you’re looking to draft new employment contracts, protect your confidential information with non-disclosure agreements, establish policies, or rethink your employee incentives, our employment law lawyers have years of experience advising fast-growing tech companies and can help you scale.
To learn more about the employment law services from Meyer Law, please contact us today.