Outsourced General Counsel and On-Demand Legal Services
Small to medium-sized companies of all types routinely need sound legal advice to avoid costly legal trouble. When issues come up and you have questions, turn to Meyer law. We’ve got the answers for you!
At Meyer Law, our on-demand attorneys understand the issues that come up with businesses on a regular basis. Our highly experienced business lawyers help companies with day-to-day legal matters, ongoing contract negotiations, drafting templates, playbooks, legal strategy, and more. Our team acts as your in-house counsel on demand, helping as much or as little as you need. Schedule a consultation today to discuss how our on-demand legal team can help your business!
General Counsel Packages
with Meyer Law
We will tailor a general counsel package specifically for your business and provide a certain number of hours each month to help your team with day-to-day legal support for a fixed fee. Our experienced attorneys regularly advise companies on corporate matters, contract drafting and negotiations, hiring and employment issues, protection of intellectual property and privacy compliance. Our general counsel packages for emerging growth companies start at just five hours a month!
First, we’ll schedule a complimentary initial consultation to learn more about your business. From there, our team will explain the types of services you could benefit from and determine how many hours of legal help you might need per month so that you can plan and budget accordingly.
As your company’s outsourced general counsel, we will learn about your company from the inside out to provide the best services possible. We will learn more about your vision and objectives so that our business-minded lawyers can address your company’s legal needs proactively, avoiding trouble before it starts. We will explore any challenges and roadblocks that your business is encountering so that we can recommend creative solutions to allow you to efficiently move the company forward. Our team has decades of experience helping technology businesses, and that experience is a huge benefit to your company.
While we can tailor our general counsel services to meet your specific needs, some of the services we provide are the following:
- Reviewing contract structures and making recommendations for efficiencies
- Reviewing existing legal processes and making recommendations for improvements
- Answering questions about day-to-day operations
- Advising on corporate matters, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, restricted stock or equity, stock plans, and more
- Drafting template contracts, such as customer agreements, vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, and more
- Drafting playbooks to ensure alignment between the business and legal
- Leading ongoing contract negotiations in the United States and abroad
- Assisting with hiring and employment matters
- Assisting with intellectual property protection and strategy
- Advising on data security and privacy matters
- Advising on investment structures, such as convertible notes and subscription agreements
- Performing due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Training team on the handling of confidential information and other best practices
- Discussing the company’s legal strategy and go-forward approach
- Weekly meetings to drive matters forward
Benefits of Outsourced Legal Counsel
Leveraging an outsourced general counsel has many benefits for your fast-growing business. Whether you need additional support every now and then, or you need consistent support to efficiently drive deals to completion, here are some factors for you to consider:
A seasoned team of lawyers working with companies like yours will bring invaluable knowledge and experience to the table.
An external legal team working closely with your internal HR department will be helpful to handle hiring and employment law issues effectively.
An experienced legal team will make your company more efficient while keeping costs down.
Lower costs from outsourcing in place of hiring an in-house lawyer, which comes with zero overhead expense.
Assistance with complex commercial transactions, such as licensing agreements, white label agreements, strategic partnerships, and SaaS Agreements.
Additional support for your company at the end of the quarter or the end of the month when you have overflow contract negotiations or other legal matters above and beyond your team’s typical workload.
A legal partner to advise you along the way to help ensure your business is protected.
How can Meyer Law help your team?
The team at Meyer Law has decades of experience and can act as your in-house counsel on demand.
We will provide services on an hourly basis or a dedicated number of hours each month, tailored to your specific needs, to assist with the day-to-day including corporate, contracts, employment, intellectual property, fundraising and privacy matters, as follows:
- lead contract negotiations, including negotiating vendor agreements, strategic partnership agreements, customer agreements, licensing agreements, complex commercial agreements, and technology agreements in the U.S. and abroad
- develop playbooks to explain template agreement provisions and come up with standard responses and direction for regularly negotiated provisions to help create a standard and efficiencies around the entire contract and negotiation process
- draft HR-related documents, such as employment agreements, offer letters, independent contractor agreements, severance agreements, employee handbooks, and related policies
- corporate restructuring including conversion from an LLC to a corporation, stock transfers, restricted stock, corporate-related documents, and more
- due diligence for mergers, acquisitions, and investment and draft related transaction documents
- privacy and data protection compliance with various privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act and the General Data Protection Regulation
- legal strategy to ensure operational efficiencies, process, and more
- review of legal processes and contract structure for efficiencies
- weekly meetings to drive matters forward
Fixed fee or hourly, you decide.
We promote transparency with respect to fees and have the flexibility to provide services on a fixed fee or hourly basis. We offer packages for startups, packages for growing companies, packages for mid-sized companies, general counsel packages and in-house counsel packages. Whether you need ongoing support from an outsourced general counsel or assistance with a one-time matter, the business lawyers at Meyer Law can help.
General Counsel Packages
Leveraging an outsourced general counsel has many benefits for your business. Whether you need additional support every now and then, or you need consistent support to efficiently drive deals to completion, we have the perfect package to fit your needs. Our on-demand legal services packages start at just five hours per month, and go all the way up to one hundred hours per month.
Clients generally sign up for a minimum three month period, and every three months we reconcile the actual number of hours vs. the estimated hours used over the three-month period and bill for any overage. We then determine whether we should increase or decrease the package for the subsequent three-month period depending on the anticipated workload.
Schedule a consultation with your legal dream team today!
We have helped thousands of companies across the United States, with corporate, contract, employment, intellectual property, fundraising, investment, privacy and data protection matters.
We would love to learn more about your business and see how we can help! We can discuss your specific needs, answer any questions that you have, and provide a tailored roadmap so that you can plan and budget accordingly.
What are you waiting for? Schedule a consultation with the legal dream team at Meyer Law today! We look forward to hearing from you!