Our Legal Services for Technology Companies
Whether you’re a creative entrepreneur looking to start your own company, the CEO of a small business, the COO at a fast-growing, mid-sized technology company, or the general counsel at a Fortune 500 company, the team at Meyer Law can help you. We can help you move the business forward faster by assisting you with day-to-day matters including contract law, employment law, corporate law, intellectual property protection, fundraising, privacy compliance, and general counseling.
If your business has legal needs, reach out to Meyer Law today. We are transparent, business-minded, and tech-savvy lawyers with offices in Chicago and Denver, and we help businesses all over the United States.
Startups & Entrepreneurs
If you’re just getting your business off the ground, you need sound legal advice to make sure your ideas flourish into a lucrative venture. This is the most exciting yet overwhelming part of starting a business. Let Meyer Law counsel you on the steps you should take to start up right. Here are some of the services we offer to startups and entrepreneurs:
- Assistance with setting up an Entity (Corporation or LLC)
- Shareholder Agreements or Operating Agreements
- Restricted Stock or Restricted Equity Agreements
- Beta Agreements
- Employment Agreements and Offer Letters
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Reseller and Referral Agreements
- White Label Agreements
- Licensing Agreements
- SaaS or PaaS Agreements
- Leading contract negotiations
- Due Diligence for fundraising and investment
- Convertible Notes and Subscription Agreements
- Data Security and Privacy compliance, such as GDPR and CCPA
- Ongoing counseling on day-to-day matters
Small Businesses & Emerging Growth Companies
Perhaps your company has been around for a few years, but you’re ready to launch into a new phase of growth. At this stage, you’re wearing many hats are likely torn for time and may have made several mistakes along the way. Let the team at Meyer Law tailor a plan specifically for your business. Here are some of our offerings for small businesses and emerging growth companies:
- Performing legal audit of hiring documents, customer agreements, referral contracts, corporate documents, and intellectual property protections to see what you already have in place
- Making recommendations for improvement of contracts, structures, and processes
- Creating template contracts and playbooks
- Leading contract negotiations to finalize deals faster
- Drafting policies and employee handbooks
- Counseling on data security and privacy compliance
- Training and best practices with respect to confidential information and intellectual property
- General counseling on day-to-day issues
- Offering fixed fee packages and transparency
Contact Meyer Law today to request a fixed-fee legal audit so that you can ensure you’re building your business on a firm foundation.
If you want to work with a law firm that offers flexible services and experienced, efficient, responsive lawyers, then Meyer Law is right for your mid-sized business. We provide fixed-fee packages to companies like yours with the goal of helping you finalize more deals with greater speed. Let us help you with the following services:
- Review of contract templates, structures, policies and processes
- Suggestions for improvement of legal processes
- Creation of playbooks for alignment of business and legal
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Assistance with data security and privacy law compliance
- Team training on best practices related to confidential information and intellectual property
- Ongoing contract negotiations
- Counsel on day-to-day matters
- Fixed-fee projects our hourly services
Reach out to Meyer Law to request an audit today so that we can help you protect your fast-growing, mid-sized business from unnecessary risk.
Large Corporations & Fortune 500s
As the Chief Legal Officer or general counsel at a Fortune 500 company, you already have an in-house legal team, but your team likely doesn’t have enough time in the day to finish all of the assigned matters. Or, you may have a temporary high volume of contract negotiations at the end of the quarter and your lawyers may not have the bandwidth to push things forward as quickly as the business would like. That’s where the team at Meyer Law comes in. Our experience with large corporations makes us your ideal legal partner. Here’s what we offer:
- Review of your existing contract structure, templates, and legal processes to recommend efficiencies
- Commercial contract negotiations, both domestic and abroad
- Creation of playbooks to improve legal department efficiencies and consistency by creating a common standard and response to regularly negotiated provisions
- Due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Legal strategy on a go-forward basis
- Transparent and alternative fee arrangements
Set up an initial consultation with Meyer Law today to discuss how we can help your in-house legal team.
Schedule a Legal Consultation for Your Business
If your technology company needs legal counsel, the experienced business lawyers at Meyer Law are here to help. We can assist your team on a project-by-project basis or for a set number of hours each month, and we can tailor a package that is right for you.
Contact us online now to schedule a legal consultation for your business. We have offices in Denver, CO and Chicago, IL, and we provide legal counsel to technology companies of all sizes across the United States.