Meyer Law is proud to serve technology companies in Chicago. This extraordinary city is where innovative ideas are born. It’s the home of many tried-and-true companies that have stood the test of time, as well as pioneering startups that launch every year. With a thriving technology community and startup incubators and accelerators such as 1871 and Techstars, Chicago is the perfect place to start a business!
Our experienced lawyers have helped hundreds of technology companies of all sizes across the United States, from smaller emerging growth companies to fast-growing, mid-sized businesses to long-standing Fortune 500s. We have mentored thousands at incubators and accelerators across the United States. If you’re looking for a business lawyer in Chicago, the team at Meyer Law has decades of experience helping businesses of all sizes with day-to-day matters.
Contact us to learn how our business lawyers can help your Chicago business.
Legal Services for Startups in Chicago
From deciding which entity to choose to drafting a customer contract or hiring a developer to create your website, there are a lot of things to do when starting and launching a business. Making sure you’re protected from a legal standpoint to avoid unnecessary mistakes is absolutely critical to your success. Here are some of the services and fixed fee packages we offer for startups and entrepreneurs in Chicago:
- Contracts: Whether you need a beta agreement to have users test your new app or need a customer agreement for your SaaS product, we can counsel you on the best structure and tailor a contract specific to your situation and provide counsel on best practices.
- Intellectual Property: Prepare and file trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, copyrights, assignment agreements, royalty agreements, cease and desist letters, and more.
- Entity Structure: We’ll explain entity options, such as corporations and LLCs, pros and cons, and related requirements, and we can provide guidance around equity and stock grants and best practices.
- Fundraising: If you’re thinking about raising money for your startup, we can provide guidance on investment structures, perform due diligence, and provide best practices when looking for investment.
- Data Security and Privacy: Our team can provide guidance on the ever-changing privacy laws with respect to privacy and data protection compliance with various privacy laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Ac. We can recommend contract amendments, best practices and procedures, and more.
- Employment: We can draft offer letters, non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements, employee handbooks, policies, procedures, and more.
- General Counsel Packages: For startups that need support more often, we offer general counsel packages tailored specifically to your needs to assist with day-to-day legal matters, strategy, and more for a specific number of hours each month.
Legal Services for Emerging Growth Businesses in Chicago
As your business grows, it’s important to avoid making unnecessary mistakes and have legal counsel that you can rely on. Take a look at some of the services and fixed-fee packages we offer for emerging growth companies and small businesses in Chicago:
- Corporate Risk Assessment: We provide legal audits of corporate documents to help you determine what might be missing and strategize for future growth.
- Hiring Contract Audit: We review existing employment-related agreements such as offer letters, employment agreements, and non-disclosure agreements and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contract Audit: We review customer, supplier, referral, and reseller templates and make recommendations to improve wording, structure, and efficiencies.
- Intellectual property: We assess the intellectual property protections you have in place and recommend improvements that could help protect your company.
- Fundraising: We can help you get the legal side of your business in order before you start looking for investors by reviewing your corporate records and contracts, assessing your intellectual property protection, and more.
- Privacy: We can help you determine what your company needs to do to comply with various data security and privacy laws.
- Emerging Growth Packages: We offer various fixed-fee packages for emerging growth companies, such as the Contract Risk Assessment Package to review your contracts for efficiencies, protections, inconsistencies, recommendations, and more, or the Fundraising Assessment Package so that you can make sure your business is in order before you get investments.
- General Counsel Packages: For scaling companies that need day-to-day support, we offer general counsel packages tailored to your needs for a specific number of hours each month to assist with negotiations, operations, strategy, and more.
Legal Services for Mid-Sized Businesses in Chicago
- Business Audit: Find out where your business stands with a legal review of your contracts, policies, and processes. We’ll review and make recommendations.
- Outsourced General Counsel: Whether you need help at busy times of the year like quarter-end or need support creating templates to streamline operations, Meyer Law can help as much or as little as you need as your outsourced legal counsel on-demand.
- Playbooks: Make sure the business and legal are aligned with playbooks and establish a standard response and language to regularly negotiated provisions.
Ensure your fast-growing, mid-sized business is on a firm legal foundation with help from the team at Meyer Law. Schedule a consultation now.
Legal Services for Large Corporations in Chicago
Our years of experience working with large corporations make us the ideal partner for in-house legal teams at large corporations in Chicago. We’ll help move your business forward with these services:
- Contracts: We negotiate commercial contracts, vendor agreements, customer agreements, service contracts, and much more. We have negotiated contracts on behalf of and against some of the largest companies in the world, such as IBM, Google, Reliance Globalcom, Pivotal, HP, Comcast, and many others.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Due Diligence: We can help perform due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, advise on risks, and draft related transaction documents.
- Playbooks: We can develop a playbook to ensure the business and legal are aligned and draft standard responses and language to provisions that are regularly negotiated.
- Strategy Services: We can audit your existing processes to ensure your legal department is as efficient as possible.
The experienced, responsive and tech-savvy lawyers at Meyer Law can help support in-house legal teams at Fortune 500s and large corporations. Schedule a consultation to see how we can help your team today.
Schedule a Consultation with one of our Experienced Lawyers for Your Chicago Tech Company
Whether you’re just starting up and need help with the basics, are further along and need help with a complex licensing agreement, or are getting investment in your scaling tech company, the team at Meyer Law can help you navigate the legal ins and outs needed to best protect your business. Our team has decades of experience to help your business in Chicago succeed.
We offer complimentary consultations for all clients in order to establish your company’s needs to accomplish to achieve your goals. Contact us now to get started.