Meyer Law is proud to serve technology companies in Chicago. This extraordinary city is where innovative ideas are born. It’s the home of many tried-and-true companies that have stood the test of time, as well as pioneering startups that launch every year. With a thriving technology community and startup incubators and accelerators, such as 1871 and Techstars, Chicago is the perfect place to start a business!
Our experienced lawyers help technology companies of all sizes across the United States, from smaller emerging growth companies to fast-growing, mid-sized businesses to long-standing Fortune 500s. We’re passionate about what we do, and we’re certain you’ll enjoy partnering with knowledgeable, responsive, transparent, tech-savvy, and business-minded attorneys.
Contact us to learn how our business lawyers can help your Chicago business.
Legal Services for Startups in Chicago
- Contracts: Whether you need a beta agreement to have users test your new app or need a customer agreement for your SaaS product, we can counsel you on the best structure and tailor a contract specific to your business.
- Intellectual Property: Prepare and file trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Entity Structure: We’ll explain entity options, such as corporations and LLCs, and related requirements.
- Fundraising: If you’re thinking about raising money for your startup, we can provide guidance on investment structures, perform due diligence, and provide information on best practices when looking for investors.
- Data Security and Privacy: Ensure total data security and privacy compliance, such as the General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Employment: We can draft offer letters, non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements, and more.
- App Development Package: Make sure you’re protecting your intellectual property and own what your developer is creating! We’ll draft up a non-disclosure agreement and developer agreement to ensure you have the proper rights and protections should things go wrong with your developer.
Legal Services for Emerging Growth Businesses in Chicago
- Corporate risk assessment: We provide legal audits of corporate documents to help you determine what might be missing and strategize for future growth.
- Hiring contract audit: We review existing employment-related agreements such as offer letters, employment agreements, and non-disclosure agreements and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contract Audit: We review customer, supplier, referral, and reseller templates and make recommendations to improve wording, structure, and efficiencies.
- Intellectual property: We assess the intellectual property protections you have in place and recommend improvements that could help protect your company.
- Fundraising: We can help you get the legal side of your business in order before you start looking for investors by reviewing your corporate records and contracts, assessing your intellectual property protection, and more.
- Privacy: We can help you determine what your company needs to do to comply with various data security and privacy laws.
- General counseling: We can assist with day-to-day legal matters as your business grows.
Does your Chicago emerging growth tech company need legal guidance? Contact Meyer Law now.
Legal Services for Mid-Sized Businesses in Chicago
- Business Audit: Find out where your business stands with a legal review of your contracts, policies, and processes. We’ll review and make recommendations.
- Outsourced General Counsel: Whether you need help at busy times of the year like quarter-end or need support creating templates to streamline operations, Meyer Law can help as much or as little as you need as your outsourced legal counsel on-demand.
- Playbooks: Make sure the business and legal are aligned with playbooks and establish a standard response and language to regularly negotiated provisions.
Ensure your fast-growing, mid-sized business is on a firm legal foundation with help from the team at Meyer Law. Schedule a consultation now.
Legal Services for Large Corporations in Chicago
Our years of experience working with large corporations make us the ideal partner for in-house legal teams at large corporations in Chicago. We’ll help move your business forward with these services:
- Contracts: We negotiate commercial contracts, vendor agreements, customer agreements, service contracts, and much more. We have negotiated contracts on behalf of and against some of the largest companies in the world, such as IBM, Google, Reliance Globalcom, Pivotal, HP, Comcast, and many others.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Due Diligence: We can help perform due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, advise on risks, and draft related transaction documents.
- Playbooks: We can develop a playbook to ensure the business and legal are aligned and draft standard responses and language to provisions that are regularly negotiated.
- Strategy Services: We can audit your existing processes to ensure your legal department is as efficient as possible.
The experienced, responsive and tech-savvy lawyers at Meyer Law can help support in-house legal teams at Fortune 500s and large corporations. Schedule a consultation to see how we can help your team today.
Schedule a Consultation with one of our Experienced Lawyers for Your Chicago Tech Company
Whether you’re just starting up and need help with the basics, are further along and need help with a complex licensing agreement, or are getting investment in your scaling tech company, the team at Meyer Law can help you navigate the legal ins and outs needed to best protect your business. Our team has decades of experience to help your business in Chicago succeed.
We offer complimentary consultations for all clients in order to establish your company’s needs to accomplish to achieve your goals. Contact us now to get started.