Fast-growing technology companies need sound advice to avoid costly legal trouble, and issues come up on a regular basis. When you have questions, where do you turn?
At Meyer Law, we understand that issues come up with businesses on a regular basis and our team helps companies with day-to-day legal matters, ongoing contract negotiations, drafting templates, playbooks, legal strategy, and more. Our team acts as your in-house counsel on demand, helping as much or as little as you need.
Contact us online now to schedule a complimentary consultation with our business lawyers and learn more about how we can help you. We work with technology companies across the United States and have offices in Chicago, IL and Denver, CO.
General Counsel Packages with Meyer Law
We will tailor a general counsel package specifically for your business and provide a certain number of hours each month to help your team with day-to-day legal support for a fixed fee. Our experienced attorneys regularly advise companies on corporate matters, contract drafting and negotiations, hiring and employment issues, protection of intellectual property and privacy compliance. Our general counsel packages for emerging growth companies start at just five hours a month!
First, we’ll schedule a complimentary initial consultation to learn more about your business. From there, our team will explain the types of services you could benefit from and determine how many hours of legal help you might need per month so that you can plan and budget accordingly.
As your company’s outsourced general counsel, we will learn about your company from the inside out to provide the best services possible. We will learn more about your vision and objectives so that our business-minded lawyers can address your company’s legal needs proactively, avoiding trouble before it starts. We will explore any challenges and roadblocks that your business is encountering so that we can recommend creative solutions to allow you to efficiently move the company forward. Our team has decades of experience helping technology businesses, and that experience is a huge benefit to your company.
While we can tailor our general counsel services to meet your specific needs, some of the services we provide are the following:
- Reviewing contract structures and making recommendations for efficiencies
- Reviewing existing legal processes and making recommendations for improvements
- Answering questions about day-to-day operations
- Advising on corporate matters, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, restricted stock or equity, stock plans, and more
- Drafting template contracts, such as customer agreements, vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, and more
- Drafting playbooks to ensure alignment between the business and legal
- Leading ongoing contract negotiations in the United States and abroad
- Assisting with hiring and employment matters
- Assisting with intellectual property protection and strategy
- Advising on data security and privacy matters
- Advising on investment structures, such as convertible notes and subscription agreements
- Performing due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Training team on the handling of confidential information and other best practices
- Discussing the company’s legal strategy and go-forward approach
- Weekly meetings to drive matters forward
Benefits of Outsourced Legal Counsel
Leveraging an outsourced general counsel has many benefits for your fast-growing business. Whether you need additional support every now and then, or you need consistent support to efficiently drive deals to completion, here are some factors for you to consider:
- A seasoned team of lawyers working with companies like yours will bring invaluable knowledge and experience to the table.
- An external legal team working closely with your internal HR department will be helpful to handle hiring and employment law issues effectively.
- An experienced legal team will make your company more efficient while keeping costs down.
- Lower costs from outsourcing in place of hiring an in-house lawyer, which comes with zero overhead expense.
- Assistance with complex commercial transactions, such as licensing agreements, white label agreements, strategic partnerships, and SaaS Agreements.
- Additional support for your company at the end of the quarter or the end of the month when you have overflow contract negotiations or other legal matters above and beyond your team’s typical workload.
- A legal partner to advise you along the way to help ensure your business is protected.
Choose Meyer Law as Your Technology Company’s Legal Partner
Meyer Law is the perfect partner for fast-growing technology companies. Our lawyers have decades of experience advising companies on matters that impact businesses on a daily basis. Your team will appreciate our experience, responsiveness, and unique partnership approach.
To learn more about Meyer Law’s general counsel packages, tailored to fit your business, contact us today.