Meyer Law is proud to have advised and mentored thousands of technology companies in Chicago and throughout the United States.
Our Chicago Legal Services
Chicago, with close to three million residents, is home to some of the oldest and most well-established tech companies and has a rich startup ecosystem and fast-growing technology community. Investor groups focused on midwest investments like Hyde Park Angels and M25 are transforming early-stage investing and Chicago startups are leading the nation in returns.
This amazing city is full of energy, bustling with innovative startups, new ideas, as well as tried and true companies who have stood the test of time. From startups to large corporations, Chicago is an ideal place to build a business. For startups, incubators like 1871 and mHub are invaluable, and accelerators like Techstars and WiSTEM can be game-changing, and for scaling and mid-sized companies, ITA is on a mission to help you succeed.
Established in 2010 in Chicago, with additional offices in Denver and Los Angeles, the team at Meyer Law has decades of experience helping hundreds of companies of all sizes from startups to emerging growth companies to mid-sized technology businesses to large corporations, and mentoring thousands of technology companies at incubators and accelerators across the United States. From corporate to contracts to employment to intellectual property to fundraising to privacy, learn how we can help you below.
Contact our technology attorneys today to see how we can help your team!
Chicago Startup Attorneys + Lawyers for Scaling Technology Companies
As entrepreneurs ourselves, we understand the challenges and risks involved with growing a business. Our business lawyers understand how complex and involved bringing on a new partner or scaling a company can be. We can also relate to the excitement of hiring a developer to bring your mobile application or product to life, onboarding new employees, and bringing on new clients. As you launch and scale your business you’ll find that you’ll work harder than ever, and so it will important to have a law firm to partner with as you startup and grow.
Whatever stage your company is in, our business lawyers can help. We offer guidance and counsel on what should be in place pre- and post-launch, as well as provide guidance as you scale and grow, from corporate restructuring to day-to-day commercial contract negotiations to hiring matters to privacy considerations for international expansion to protecting your brand with trademarks to helping you prepare for investment. Our clients appreciate our experience within the technology industry, the speed at which we move and fee transparency. We offer flexible fee arrangements from hourly to fixed fee packages for startups and fixed fee packages for emerging growth companies to General Counsel packages.
Chicago is home to many of the nation’s most popular startup and technology accelerators and incubators. The team at Meyer Law is proud to mentor the digital startups at the leading global incubator, 1871, and at accelerators such as TechStars, WiSTEM, and more. Meyer Law often hosts workshops, office hours and participates in panels and conferences in Chicago, Denver, New York, Boulder and beyond.
Lawyers for Mid-Sized Technology Companies in Chicago
Our team advises scaling technology companies on day-to-day matters, such as client contracts and vendor contracts, to counsel on privacy compliance for international expansion to assisting with employment issues as they arise to due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. We have helped hundreds of technology companies streamline legal processes and procedures, create templates tailored to their business and can act as your outsourced General Counsel on demand. For mid-sized companies that have a small legal team, we can assist at times of need, such as quarter-end, vacation, parental leave, and more.
We help on a case-by-case basis, with a General Counsel package or do a legal audit and review of your legal documents to determine what you have, what you need, recommendations for improvements, and more. Our mid-sized clients appreciate our knowledge in the technology industry, responsiveness and partnership approach.
Reach out today to find out how we can help your team and business succeed.
Legal Counsel for Large Corporations
Our team has years of experience working with in-house counsel at large corporations with matters ranging from leading commercial contract negotiations including procurement, customer, licensing, marketing, strategic partnerships, and more to assisting with due diligence for mergers and acquisitions to revising templates and playbooks, to streamlining processes and more. With our years of experience negotiating on behalf of and against some of the largest companies in the world, our lawyers are equipped to come up with creative solutions to close deals and move the business forward more quickly.
We help in-house legal teams on an hourly basis, fixed fee or with an In-House Counsel package. Our fee transparency, speed and experience make the team at Meyer Law an ideal partner.
For startups and scaling tech companies, you can find us at least once a month at one of these locations:
Often hard at work in these tech hubs, below is a more detailed list of the kinds of assistance we offer at these dynamic locations:
- E-office hours: Providing efficient and convenient access to legal advisors monthly, these hours are broken up into 20-30 minute appointments. You are connected one-on-one with one of our attorneys. In these sessions, we get a good sense of your business, what you need, and how to get you where you want to go.
- Webinars: These talks allow for anyone and everyone to glean invaluable legal information that is relevant to your business. They give participants the chance to ask questions, learn about specific parts of law that apply to them, and widen their understanding of important topics covering areas of their business.
- Workshops: Unsure where to start? We offer over 50 workshops a year, covering a full range of material. These sessions not only inform you of crucial information, but they also allow networking opportunities to meet people just like you. Each discussion is led by one of our staff attorneys allowing you time to ask questions and get a taste of who we are and what we do.
- Events: Our attorneys frequently speak at local events on an array of legal topics. Our calendar is available on our site to find happenings of interest to you and your business. Events span from meet-and-greets to seminars to panel discussions, as well as a full list of our workshops. These events are a great way to get involved, stay savvy, learn what you need, and find out what you don’t.
- Mentorship: One of our most valuable community outreach services. We proudly mentor early-stage companies that have been accepted into accelerators such as WiSTEM, as well as offer virtual mentorship to members of Entrepreneurs Organization and Future Founders. We mentor leadership at various medium to large size companies. Frequently, we are invited to host workshops or sit on a panel at annual entrepreneurial and tech conferences such as:
• Startup Law Summit
• Entrepreneurs Unpluggd
We also mentor first time and experienced entrepreneurs and teams that participate in Techstars Startup Weekends held throughout Chicago and calendar year.
Looking for a business startup lawyer? Contact our business attorneys today!
Don’t know where to begin?
Why not request a free roadmap so that we can learn more about your business? Then we’ll explain what you need, why you need it and when you need it so that you can ensure the legal aspects of your business are in order.
Want to sign up for office hours, webinars or find out about the latest events? Check out the FOUNDERS CORNER for more information.
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
We started small and understand what it takes to grow. We enjoy sharing relevant content, leading discussions, and offering advice. At the end of the day, however, what we truly enjoy—is watching innovative companies succeed.
Beyond the legal services we provide, a way in which we support innovation. is through community building. We believe that forging strong relationships and connecting organizations, businesses, and entrepreneurs to one another, not only strengthens the community, it accelerates the path to success.
When connections are made, collaboration and new ideas can emerge – this is our way of supporting innovation.
THE TIME IS NOW
The Chicago area has been a boon of technology and entrepreneurial leadership. The culture is perfectly suited for new ideas, as well as the reaffirmation of solid business ideas, models, and structures. We are proud to call Chicago the place where it all began.
Get started today. Join the community. Educate. Connect. Learn. Grow.
Call us now to hear how we can help.