A growing technology services company that provides cloud-based management solutions and custom application development services
We received an email from a referral introducing us to a company that needed legal help. The company had legal counsel, but lacked the experience specific to the needs of technology companies.
We met with the company and they wanted to make sure that they were protecting their intellectual property in their contracts with their customers.
We explained our experience with fast-growing technology companies and, a week later, they hired us.
Over two years we became their sole legal counsel and helped the company with over 50 matters including:
- An audit and assessment of current contracts to determine recommendations for improvement.
- Establishing a strategy to streamline customer contracts by creating a master agreement with statements of work to improve negotiation cycle time and get revenue in the door more quickly.
- Negotiating a lease for a larger, more convenient space for the company’s growing team.
- Assisting the company with ongoing negotiations with its customers.
- Drafting service level agreement required by enterprise customers.
- Drafting + negotiating documents related to a seven-figure investment, including a purchase agreement + a complex shareholder agreement with multiple classes, voting thresholds + a unique payout structure.
- Documenting a loan that the company secured to grow its business with a promissory note.
- Creation of standard employment-related documentation, including an offer letter, confidentiality agreement and employment agreement.
- Assisting the company with various customer disputes.
- Negotiating a complex contract with a strategic partner for a seven-figure deal.